This article will show you how to configure Whitelisting for your server against a Steam Group.
Configuring the Whitelist Options Edit
1. Access your servers admin console;
2. Open the Config.ini file;
3. Browse to the section labelled [Whitelist] (hard to miss its the first one in the file);
4. Review all of the options available to you;
5. The following options must be set if you intend to whitelist against a Steam group:
Enable whitelist upon server startup
Use the Steam Group specified as the whitelist
steamGroupName=MySteamGroupName (Note! Case sensitive!)
6. Once you have completed editing the settings, save the config.ini file
7. Restart the server.
Other Whitelisting options
Auto refresh the whitelist every time the interval elapses
Auto refresh interval in seconds
Instead of using whitelist as itself, users in whitelist will become [Members]
The message that is sent to unwhitelisted users upon /whitelist kick
whitelistKickCMD=Whitelist was enabled and you were not whitelisted.
The message that is sent to unwhitelisted users upon join
whitelistKickJoin=You are not whitelisted!
The message that is sent to sender upon /whitelist check IF whitelisted
whitelistCheckGood=You are whitelisted!
The message that is sent to sender upon /whitelist check IF NOT whitelisted
whitelistCheckBad=You are not whitelisted!